GALAXY® have announced that they are the official sponsor of the 2016 Dublin Fashion Festival. The announcement reflects GALAXY®’s long association with style and is the perfect fit as GALAXY® is an accessible, everyday luxury and Dublin Fashion Festival showcases the best of Dublin’s fashion for all by transforming the city into its catwalk. The Dublin Fashion Festival has grown over the last six years and is today an influential week of fashion events and celebrations that stretch the four corners of the city. Smooth will meet style as GALAXY® work with the Dublin Fashion Festival to make the festival bigger and better than ever in 2016.
The announcement comes as GALAXY® reveals new research1 on Ireland’s relationship with style.The findings reveal how clothes make Irish people feel, who influences our style, who we are dressing for and what is considered Ireland’s worst style faux pas. To celebrate the announcement GALAXY® gathered a panel of style and fashion experts to discuss the findings. Designer Brendan Courtney, snapchat superstar James Butler, fashion maven Jules Fallon, Dublin Fashion Festival’s first Young Designer of the Year winner and current designer for River Island, Claire Lynam and designer Sonya Lennon of Lennon Courtney. The panel added insight to the most interesting survey findings, including:
– How clothes make us feel. Nearly eight in ten (78%) Irish people feel more confident when they wear clothes they feel good in. However, this figure climbs to nine in ten for women (88%).
– Who inspires our style, surprisingly stars like Kim Kardashian and Alexa Chung aren’t as influential as our circle of friends, with six in ten saying that they are most influenced by their friends, while just one in three are influenced by celebrities.
– Over half of us, six in ten, like to dress for our other halves’. However, men (66%) are even more likely than women (59%) to consider their partners when dressing themselves.
– Most of us are concerned with being practical when it comes to clothing, six in ten dress for comfort and for the weather, while one in three prioritise looking good and being on trend.
– While the research identified many fashion faux pas, the one identified as the worst wassocks with sandals as cited by one in three of those surveyed.
– Women ranked their top five instant style upgrades as:
- High heels – the overwhelming ‘go to’ item for one in four women
- Stylish scarf
- A stand out coat
- Statement handbag
– While the likes of Conor McGregor are boosting the popularity of suits and tailoring in menswear, overall men’s favourite item of clothing is their jeans, with one in three saying they cannot live without them.
Eavan Hayes, Galaxy Marketing Manager at Mars, speaking on behalf of GALAXY® said; “GALAXY® has enjoyed a long-association with style whether it be our world’s first work which brought iconic style star Audrey Hepburn back to the small screen through ground-breaking CGI technology, to the creation of Ireland’s first ever GALAXY® Style Exchange which encouraged friends to upcycle their wardrobes, to the work we have done with the Dublin Fashion Festival supporting it over the last two years.
We are delighted to make that existing relationship official today and look forward working together with Dublin Fashion Festival to unlock the festivals potential even further. It’s an amazing platform for Irish fashion, but more importantly it’s accessible to everyone and that’s what GALAXY® love most. Style, like chocolate, is an everyday luxury and should offer something to everyone. We feel that the festival is something that every GALAXY® guy and girl can truly enjoy. We are delighted to be part of it and we will have some stylish surprises coming down the line.”
Clyde Carroll, Director of the Dublin Fashion Festival said; “We are delighted to have GALAXY® on board as the festival title sponsor this year. We have worked closely with the brand and I think they are the perfect partner to make the Dublin Fashion Festival bigger and better than ever this year. We want the festival to be open to everyone in Dublin city and it’s great to work with a brand that shares our values and can add real value. This year marks the seventh Dublin Fashion Festival and, with the help of GALAXY®, we look forward to the best Dublin Fashion Festival ever.”
This year the Dublin Fashion Festival will take place September 6th – 11th. Be part of the stylish conversation, visit GALAXY® Ireland (Facebook) and @GALAXY_ie (Twitter & Instagram). #GalaxyStyle #DublinFashion